500 Dates: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Online Dating Wars by Mark Miller

500 Dates: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Online Dating Wars - Mark Miller

I love books like this. Ones that contain stories of the author's personal experiences or even the experiences of others which the author has meticulously put together in a way that allows one story to flow wonderfully into another. There is just something so real about books like this one. And after reading a bunch of fantasy fiction, which is my particular favorite genre, it is nice to sit down with something that can make me laugh or think or just enjoy what the author has to say.

The title and its description ultimately was what made me select this book. Just the concept of 500 dates intrigued me. And the fact that he wrote about a lot of his experiences with those dates. Throw in some references (okay, quite a few) to Jews, an ending consisting of fake articles which make perfect sense, and Barbie being his perfect woman, and I was hooked from the beginning.

This is a book I would gladly recommend again and again, because it truly is an enjoyable and entertaining read.