Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes by Denise Grover Swank

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (A Rose Gardner Mystery) - Denise Grover Swank

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!! I have to say that it is quite rare for me to read something and not expect who had really done it in the end, so this was sort of a pleasant surprise for me. And while the final reveal did not really make me gasp in surprise, the rest of the book more than made up for it.

Okay, so I must explain. When I read a book, if at some point I do not laugh out loud or groan loudly in frustration or just feel a pit in my stomach because of an evil character it must not be a good book. Or at least it should be categorized as a tame one. But this book was certainly not tame to me. I think I pretty well gave myself a headache by groaning so much. Haha. I was suspecting almost everyone and thinking through all the possible endings and just trying so hard to figure it out. I loved every moment of it. I mean there is just this adrenaline rush that comes with reacting so strongly to a book. Well at least for me there is. But on top of my frustration was laughter. I loved that the main character was finally being able to have the courage to live her life. She was experiencing some things that most of us take advantage in being able to do, but she was also doing some things that some of us only dream of doing. And it's not like she really had anything to lose, being the main suspect in a murder and all with no hope of being proven innocent. And even if there was hope, it was a small hope that seemed to have no merit.

All the other books in this series are now on my Wish List, and I am going to read them whether time allows or not, because they are definitely worth it. I cannot wait to see what other situations the author can put her characters in.