Part-time Princess (Ladies in Waiting, #1) by Pamela DuMond

Part-time Princess (Ladies in Waiting, #1) - Pamela DuMond

I must start my review by mentioning that this book has the longest blurb I have ever encountered. This is of the reasons, or at least the main reason, I decided to read it. I don't know, I just found the list of things the book entails intriguing. I mean, it was comedic and slightly endearing and just warranted to give this book a chance. Boy am I glad I did.

Honestly, I don't have a clue where to start. The story matches its blurb perfectly. It's spastic, in a good way, random at times, and just downright funny. But more than that, the main character, Lucy, is so real. She's down on her luck and out of work when, after a seemingly unsuccessful part-time job interview with a gentleman named Phillip Phillips, suddenly a woman by the name of Elizabeth is telling she has got the job, much to Mr. Phillips' chagrin. Lucy is then thrust into a crash course of proper behavior and whisked off to a place called Fredonia.

Lucy will definitely earn every cent of her pay, because it seems impersonating Elizabeth will not be as easy a task as she originally thought. A surprise proposal, attempted murder, obnoxious but amazingly loyal bridesmaids, and royal wedding preparations are just the tip of the iceberg for what she must deal with. Not to mention the guilt of fooling people she soon begins to care about over the course of her stay and falling in love with a man she knows she cannot be with.

While there were grammatical errors in the book, ones I could not overlook, it mostly does not take away from the wonderfully romantic, funny, witty, and all-around beautiful story.

AND THE ENDING! Ugh, the ending had me smiling and laughing so hard I ended up with tears in my eyes.

Just read it. That's all I can say. Because it will touch your heart in ways you never thought possible. This book is proof that happy endings can be truly magical, especially when the song "Wild Thang" is playing in the background.